FREE WATER TEST
Arrowhead Water Services conducts a series of on-sight water tests to determine what’s in your water and the hardness of your water. Once we have determined the quality of your water, we can recommend which of the WaterMax’s 83 configurations will be needed to provide you with the highest quality water available.
HARDNESS: We will determine the amount of hardness in your water.
- Dissolved calcium & magnesium carbonates, measured in grains per gallon
soft water = 0 to 1 grains per gallon
slightly hard water = 1 to 3 1/2 grains per gallon
moderately hard water = 3 1/2 to 7 grains per gallon
hard water = 7 to 10 1/4 grains per gallon
- Combines with soap to form an insoluble curd.
- Precipitates out of the water to form lime deposits in pipes, fixtures & appliances
IRON: An Iron test will be conducted. Iron will give the water a metallic taste.
- An element often found in ground water (in the form of fettous iron)
- Is measured in concentrations, usually ranging from 0 to 10 ppm (mg/l)
- Above 0.3 ppm/mg/l will result in objectionable taste and staining
(U.S. Public Health Service Drinking Water Standards.)
pH (potential of Hydrogen): A pH test will be conducted to determine the alkalinity/acidity of the water supply.
- Used to indicate acidity or alkalinity of the water
- Corrosive activity can begin at 6.9 pH
- 6.0 pH is 10 times as corrosive as a 7.0 pH
- 5.0 pH is 100 times as corrosive as a 7.0 pH
- Bluish staining & corrosion are caused by a low pH
SULFUR / OTHER: A TDS count will be conducted to determine the total dissolved solids in your drinking water, and a Hydrogen Sulfide test will be conducted.
- Chlorine causes offensive taste and odor.
- Hydrogen Sulfide is a colorless gas which gives off an offensive "rotten egg" odor.
- Hydrogen Sulfide promotes corrosion due to its activity as a weak acid.
- Hydrogen Sulfide in the air causes silver to tarnish in a matter of seconds.
To request your Free Water Test please fill out the form below or give us a call.